Martin Ignacio D. Mijares
Tax advocacy and litigation, Tax advisory, Tax planning, Tax compliance and due diligence
reviews; and Legal and corporate advisory
Martin Ignacio D. Mijares is a CPA-Lawyer with more than two decades of robust and diverse experience in taxation, commercial law, and accounting making him an invaluable member of the SLB team. He represents multinational and local clients in cases before the Court of Tax Appeals (CTA) and the Supreme Court on judicial claims for refund and judicial protests of deficiency tax assessment cases. He is currently handling more than fifty cases pending at the CTA and the Supreme Court. He also advocates for clients before the Bureau of Internal Revenue on various tax matters including, administrative claims for refund and administrative protests of efficiency tax assessments.
He has significant and noteworthy experience in tax advocacy and litigation; tax advisory; tax planning; tax compliance and due diligence reviews; and legal and corporate advisory to clients (mostly multinational companies engaged in power and energy; business process outsourcing; call center operations; manufacturing; insurance; and oil and gas).
Mr. Mijares is a member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Tax Management Association of the Philippines (TMAP), the premier organization of tax professionals in the Philippines, for 2022 and 2023.
He is also a part-time faculty member at De La Salle University College of Law and the University of the Philippines College of Law where he teaches taxation law theory and practice.
Education, Experience & Training
- Director, Tax Management Association of the Philippines
- Senior Lecturer for Tax, University of the Philippines College of Law
- Asst. Professional Lecturer for Tax, De La Salle University Tañada-Diokno College of Law
- Director, SGV & Co. Tax Division
- Tax Auditor, SGV & Co. Tax Compliance Group
- Associate Attorney, Quisumbing Torres
- Bachelor of Laws, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce major in Accounting, De La Salle University Manila
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, De La Salle University Manila
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Tax Management Association of the Philippines
- Financial Executives Association of the Philippines