Serafin U. Salvador, Jr.
Founding Partner and Managing Partner Emeritus
Tax Advisory and Advocacy, Estate Planning.
After heading the Tax Division of the largest professional services firm in the Philippines, Serafin U. Salvador, Jr. propelled SLB to be one of the leading commercial law firms in the country. Currently with the world’s largest independent tax organization providing quality integrated tax advice worldwide, SLB can be considered as one of the highlights of Mr. Salvador’s illustrious career in taxation.
Mr. Salvador’s invaluable knowledge of taxation has provided local and international clients with advice instrumental to firmly establishing their businesses in their respective industries. His expert insight has helped small to medium-sized enterprises and multinational corporations to effectively deal with complex issues and rapid changes in a highly competitive global market.
His extensive experience and knowledge in the field of taxation has been recognized on a national level through his previous appointments as the president of the Tax Management Association of the Philippines and as a Bar Examiner in Taxation Law. An invaluable source of taxation expertise even among his peers in the global stage, Mr. Salvador was tapped to become a member of the United Nations Committee of Experts on International Cooperation in Tax Matters.
Contributing to the education and training of the younger generation in the intricacies of taxation has always been Mr. Salvador’s passion. He teaches at the country’s top law schools, the UP College of Law and the Ateneo Law School. He also taught at the De La Salle – FEU MBA-JD Program, St. Scholastica’s College of Commerce, the University Of Manila College Of Law, and the Philippine Women’s University College of Liberal Arts.
Mr. Salvador is a lecturer at the UP Law Center’s Mandatory Continuing Legal Education. He also served as a speaker and lecturer in SGV Management Tax Seminars, the Rotary Clubs of Makati, Quezon City, San Juan, and Pasig, and seminars sponsored by the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Tax Management Association of the Philippines, and the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Mr. Salvador has written for the CCH Journal of Asia-Pacific Taxation, the SGV Tax Division’s “Tax Files” column in the Philippine Daily Inquirer, and several local publications, expanding the reach of his contribution to the field of Philippine taxation.
Education, Experience & Training
- Graduate Tax Program, New York University – Graduate School of Law
- Master in Business Administration, Ateneo de Manila University
- Bachelor of Laws, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Ateneo de Manila University
- TOP Management Program, Asian Institute of Management
- Director, Bases Conversion and Development Authority
- Director and Chairman, Habitat Philippines Inc. Board of Trustees
- Managing Multinational Enterprises, INSEAD Fontainebleu, France
- Senior Adviser, SGV & Co.
- Tax Partner and Tax Division Head, SGV & Co.
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Tax Management Association of the Philippines
- Management Association of the Philippines