Intellectual Property, Licensing, Media & Entertainment
With the addition of experienced intellectual property practitioners and technical consultants to the firm, the scope and range of SLB’s intellectual property rights protection and enforcement practice grew as well. SLB now provides the full range of legal services in this field including:
- Advisory services on Philippine legal issues relating to intellectual property rights (IPR), including intellectual property due diligence, opinion and counseling, and in all aspects of creation, protection, and enforcement
- Trademark, patent, utility model, industrial design, and copyright registration
- Negotiating, drafting, and registering distribution, licensing and franchise agreements, and other forms of technology transfer arrangements
- Assisting law enforcement agencies in conducting police and customs enforcement actions (search & seizure operations) against IPT violators; and
- Prosecution of infringement, unfair competition, and other IPR cases before the regular courts and inter-partes and other administrative proceedings before the Intellectual Property Office.
The firm’s lawyers are well-informed in developments in science and technology, e-commerce, internet-related business transactions, cloud computing, and multi-media and other communication and entertainment platforms, ready to assist clients with creative and responsive advice on novel emerging legal issues.